Ida Brockmann & Anna-Lea Kopperi
Galleria Sculptor is a contemporary art gallery located in the Helsinki city center, maintained by the Association of Finnish Sculptors. Its diverse exhibition program presents a wide range of cutting-edge art every year, with a special focus on contemporary sculpture art. The exhibitions are principally innovative and surprising, challenging the viewer to see things differently. Sculptor also has a sculpture shop that showcases small sculptures by members of the association.
- Quiet Light - 01.10.2021-24.10.2021 - Irma Laukkanen
- Unfulfilled - 03.09.2021-26.09.2021 - Eetu Huhtala
- Leviathan - 03.09.2021-26.09.2021 - Sebastian Reis
- Return - 06.08.2021-29.08.2021 - Marja Kanervo
- She Turned Out and Tuned In - 08.06.2021-02.07.2021 - Anna Rokka
- Beliefs of our paradise – Tales of the snake and apes - 30.04.2021-23.05.2021 - Mikael Pohjola
- Interrupted Dream - 06.04.2021-25.04.2021 - Johanna Ilvessalo
- Things that change - 06.04.2021-25.04.2021 - Riitta Kopra
- Disobedients - 05.03.2021-28.03.2021 - Anni Laakso
- Essence and Life - 05.02.2021-28.02.2021 - Kim Jotuni
- Be happy and worried - 08.01.2021-31.01.2021 - Juha Sääski
- IT’S TIME - 27.11.2020-20.12.2020 - Antti Maasalo
- Erosion - 30.10.2020-22.11.2020 - Mirimari Väyrynen
- Studio - 30.10.2020-22.11.2020 - Niina Räty
- Handwriting Has Died - 02.10.2020-25.10.2020 - Jan-Erik Andersson
- nordiSKulptur 2 - 04.09.2020-27.09.2020 - Kim Hankyul, Minna Kangasmaa
- Läski sulaa / Fläsket brinner - 07.08.2020-30.08.2020 - Marja Kolu, Peter Johansson
- Läski sulaa / Fläsket brinner - 07.08.2020-30.08.2020 - Marja Kolu, Peter Johansson
- Lissajous Figures - 07.08.2020-30.08.2020 - Antti Pussinen
- Lumi antaa ajalle lisää pituutta – Ajatuksia ja kokemuksia pyhyydestä - 18.06.2020-12.07.2020 - Salla Vapaavuori
- Imagine Us - 18.06.2020-12.07.2020 - Noora Nio-Juss
- Drawings - 22.05.2020-14.06.2020 - Erkki Nampajärvi
- City Life - 22.05.2020-14.06.2020 - Tuuli Saarekas
- Car Show - 28.02.2020-22.03.2020 - Petri Kaverma
- Trigger - 31.01.2020-23.02.2020 - Marjukka Korhonen
- Egoscope 2020 – Philosophical toys for our time - 03.01.2020-26.01.2020 - Emma Rönnholm
- Döden skrinnar igen & Kultakypärä - 29.11.2019-22.12.2019 - Heimo Suntio
- nordiSKulptur - 01.11.2019-24.11.2019 - Páll Haukur, Pia Männikkö
- Pro Polis - 04.10.2019-27.10.2019 - Ilmari Gryta
- Blowing Flower - 06.09.2019-29.09.2019 - Hanna Vihriälä
- Sing a Song of Sixpence - 06.09.2019-29.09.2019 - Anne Meskanen-Barman
- Duo exhibition: The light of the Dark Age - 09.08.2019-01.09.2019 - Lauri Anttila, Corinna Helenelund
- Social Animal - 24.05.2019-16.06.2019 - Petri Eskelinen
- Light Transitions - 26.04.2019-19.05.2019 - Anna Hyrkkänen
- Time and Other Resources - 26.04.2019-19.05.2019 - Jan Lütjohann
- Cul-de-sac - 29.03.2019-21.04.2019 - Andy Best & Merja Puustinen
- Prehistorical Dream - 01.03.2019-24.03.2019 - Timo Heino
- Cleaner’s cupboard and other sculptures - 01.02.2019-24.02.2019 - Nora Tapper
- Metamorphosis - 04.01.2019-27.01.2019 - Riikka Puronen
- Johannes S, Side Chapel - 04.01.2019-27.01.2019
- Sideways - 23.11.2018-16.12.2018 - Elina Autio
- The Day That Will Never Come - 26.10.2018-18.11.2018 - Paavo Räbinä
- Esirippu - 28.09.2018-21.10.2018 - Hanna Vahvaselkä
- Time is Out of Joint - 31.08.2018-23.09.2018 - Sari Palosaari
- Collector’s Garden - 03.08.2018-26.08.2018 - Berit Talpsepp-Jaanisoo
- Takeover - 25.05.2018-17.06.2018 - Mediataideryhmä Kruks
- More is More - 27.04.2018-20.05.2018 - Maija Närhinen
- DEAD END MANIFESTO - 31.03.2018-22.04.2018 - Matti Kalkamo
- Wasteland Dreams - 02.03.2018-25.03.2018 - Maija Helasvuo
- Horrors of War - 02.02.2018-25.02.2018
- Monument of Solitude - 05.01.2018-28.01.2018 - Aiko Tsukahara
- Of Pride and Shame - 29.11.2017-17.12.2017 - Paavo Halonen
- Ascendant - 08.11.2017-26.11.2017 - Antti-Ville Reinikainen
- Veistettyjä maalauksia - 18.10.2017-05.11.2017 - Pauno Pohjolainen
- Space/Craft - 27.09.2017-15.10.2017 - Antti Immonen
HOLDING AN EXHIBITION
The annual application periods are March and September until the end of the month. The spring applications concern exhibitions in the autumn one and half years away and the autumn applications exhibitions in the spring one and a half years away.
Call for exhibitions in spring 2023 is now open! Application period is 1–30 September, 2021.
The exhibitions are selected by the exhibition committee, which is elected at the general meeting of the members.
Exhibition committee 2021:
Eetu Huhtala, Heli Ryhänen, Man Yau and Tiina Raitanen representing the executive board of the Association of Finnish Sculptors.
The exhibitions are around 4 weeks long and there are 3 different spaces one can apply for: the studio, the gallery space and the whole space (studio and gallery).
Members of the Association:
Studio (n. 30 m²) 830 €
Gallery (n. 88 m²) 1 830 €
Whole space (n. 118 m²) 2 550 €
Studio (n. 30 m²) 950 €
Galleria (n. 88 m²) 2 100 €
Whole space (n. 118 m²) 2 900 €
The rent includes communications, sales, marketing, guarding of the exhibition, press photos of the exhibition by professional photographer, and a video interview of the artist that will be on display at the gallery and in the Galleria Sculptor’s YouTube channel.
The Association of Finnish Sculptors aims to further reduce the exhibition rents. In 2019, thanks to the state grant, it was possible to reduce the exhibition rent for the first time, by 1,000 euros per exhibition, thus making the rent for the entire exhibition space 1,550€ for members and 1,900€ for non-members (reduction 34–39%). In 2021, the rent for the entire exhibition space is 600 € for members and 950 € for non-members (reduction 67,24–76,4%). If we receive funding to reduce the rents further also in future, the new lower exhibition rents will also apply to the exhibitions held in 2022–2023. The exhibition rent for the 2022 exhibitions will be confirmed in the beginning of 2022.
When applying for an exhibition time in the Gallery or Studio space, please notice that there may be a soundscape included in the other exhibition. The exhibition committee aims to select the exhibitions so that the possible soundscapes of the exhibitions do not disturb each other.
The Studio can be fully darkened, and video works, as well as smaller exhibitions, can be proposed to this space.
The Gallery will only send online invitations, but if wanted, the artist may also send papery invitations.
The sales commission is 35%.
Submit a free-form application that states your exhibition plan to Gallery Sculptor.
The application should include:
- a brief description of the proposed exhibition (exhibition plan, preferably one A4)
- contact information: the artist’s name, full address, and other contact details.
- 5-10 color copies of photos of your works (as recent as possible), accompanied by full details (artist, title, year, material)
- CV (max 2 pages)
The application must be accompanied by a separate downloadable cover page (link below), which must state the artist´s name and full contact information, as well as an indication of which season and which space (3 options) you are applying for. You may only apply for one season and for one space at a time. You may indicate whether you are interested in other space options.
If you propose a video work, you may include a link to the video. You can also mention your dates of preference and possible other exhibition plans.
Submit your application
1) As an e-mail attachment
We hope that you present your application in the form of a single pdf document. The document must include a cover page, exhibition plan, photos, and CV.
Download the cover page for your application from the link below.
The pdf documents can be combined with e.g. pdf join. Please name the document: surname_name_Exhibition_Application_season
Submit the application by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please headline the e-mail “Exhibition Application, season, name”.
2) By mail
Applications can be submitted also by mail. Present your application in the form of an A4 folder or some other easily readable entity where the pages and parts stay in place. Include all the attachments: a cover page, exhibition plan, photos, and CV.
No original works, even small ones, should be attached to the application, only photos of works. You can include in the attachments exhibition catalogues (but not copies of reviews).
The applications should be sent by mail to:
All the applicants will be notified of the decisions in writing. The photo and other material will be returned to the applicants who have included a self-addressed stamped envelope in their application.
The artists who are selected commit themselves to not holding a solo or other similar exhibition in the Helsinki Metropolitan Area in the period between the signing of the exhibition agreement and the conclusion of the exhibition.