FROM THE COLOURING BOOK
Galleria Sculptor is a contemporary art gallery located in the Helsinki city center, maintained by the Association of Finnish Sculptors. Its diverse exhibition program presents a wide range of cutting-edge art every year, with a special focus on contemporary sculpture art. The exhibitions are principally innovative and surprising, challenging the viewer to see things differently. Sculptor also has a sculpture shop that showcases small sculptures by members of the association.
- Twenty-Three Sculptures and a Painting - 02.09.2022-25.09.2022 - James Prevett
- Tarantino Throws - 02.09.2022-25.09.2022 - Kristin Wiking
- To Burn / To Return - 05.08.2022-28.08.2022 - Riikka Keränen
- Glued together - 05.08.2022-28.08.2022 - Tiina Laasonen
- Studio Furniture - 28.05.2022-19.06.2022 - Gerbrand Burger
- Some stuff and deep thoughts – sculptures - 29.04.2022-22.05.2022 - Panu Rytkönen
- When I look at you, do I see myself? - 29.04.2022-22.05.2022 - Helinä Hukkataival
- Master - 01.04.2022-24.04.2022 - Antti-Ville Reinikainen
- Deposits - 04.03.2022-27.03.2022 - Sara Bjarland
- SET - 05.02.2022-27.02.2022 - Pia Sirén
- Mauvaise Foi – The Ordinary Self-Deception I - 07.01.2022-30.01.2022 - Arja Kärkkäinen
- An attempt to keep my friends alive: cell sculptures - 07.01.2022-30.01.2022 - Pekko Vasantola
- Taneli Rautiainen - 26.11.2021-19.12.2021 - Taneli Rautiainen
- nordiSKulptur 3 - 29.10.2021-21.11.2021 - Ida Brockmann, Anna-Lea Kopperi
- Quiet Light - 01.10.2021-24.10.2021 - Irma Laukkanen
- Unfulfilled - 03.09.2021-26.09.2021 - Eetu Huhtala
- Leviathan - 03.09.2021-26.09.2021 - Sebastian Reis
- Return - 06.08.2021-29.08.2021 - Marja Kanervo
- She Turned Out and Tuned In - 08.06.2021-02.07.2021 - Anna Rokka
- Beliefs of our paradise – Tales of the snake and apes - 30.04.2021-23.05.2021 - Mikael Pohjola
- Interrupted Dream - 06.04.2021-25.04.2021 - Johanna Ilvessalo
- Things that change - 06.04.2021-25.04.2021 - Riitta Kopra
- Disobedients - 05.03.2021-28.03.2021 - Anni Laakso
- Essence and Life - 05.02.2021-28.02.2021 - Kim Jotuni
- Be happy and worried - 08.01.2021-31.01.2021 - Juha Sääski
- IT’S TIME - 27.11.2020-20.12.2020 - Antti Maasalo
- Erosion - 30.10.2020-22.11.2020 - Mirimari Väyrynen
- Studio - 30.10.2020-22.11.2020 - Niina Räty
- Handwriting Has Died - 02.10.2020-25.10.2020 - Jan-Erik Andersson
- nordiSKulptur 2 - 04.09.2020-27.09.2020 - Kim Hankyul, Minna Kangasmaa
- Läski sulaa / Fläsket brinner - 07.08.2020-30.08.2020 - Marja Kolu, Peter Johansson
- Läski sulaa / Fläsket brinner - 07.08.2020-30.08.2020 - Marja Kolu, Peter Johansson
- Lissajous Figures - 07.08.2020-30.08.2020 - Antti Pussinen
- Lumi antaa ajalle lisää pituutta – Ajatuksia ja kokemuksia pyhyydestä - 18.06.2020-12.07.2020 - Salla Vapaavuori
- Imagine Us - 18.06.2020-12.07.2020 - Noora Nio-Juss
- Drawings - 22.05.2020-14.06.2020 - Erkki Nampajärvi
- City Life - 22.05.2020-14.06.2020 - Tuuli Saarekas
- Car Show - 28.02.2020-22.03.2020 - Petri Kaverma
- Trigger - 31.01.2020-23.02.2020 - Marjukka Korhonen
- Egoscope 2020 – Philosophical toys for our time - 03.01.2020-26.01.2020 - Emma Rönnholm
- Döden skrinnar igen & Kultakypärä - 29.11.2019-22.12.2019 - Heimo Suntio
- nordiSKulptur - 01.11.2019-24.11.2019 - Páll Haukur, Pia Männikkö
- Pro Polis - 04.10.2019-27.10.2019 - Ilmari Gryta
- Blowing Flower - 06.09.2019-29.09.2019 - Hanna Vihriälä
- Sing a Song of Sixpence - 06.09.2019-29.09.2019 - Anne Meskanen-Barman
- Duo exhibition: The light of the Dark Age - 09.08.2019-01.09.2019 - Corinna Helenelund
- Social Animal - 24.05.2019-16.06.2019 - Petri Eskelinen
- Light Transitions - 26.04.2019-19.05.2019 - Anna Hyrkkänen
- Time and Other Resources - 26.04.2019-19.05.2019
- Cul-de-sac - 29.03.2019-21.04.2019 - Andy Best & Merja Puustinen
- Prehistorical Dream - 01.03.2019-24.03.2019 - Timo Heino
- Cleaner’s cupboard and other sculptures - 01.02.2019-24.02.2019 - Nora Tapper
- Metamorphosis - 04.01.2019-27.01.2019 - Riikka Puronen
- Johannes S, Side Chapel - 04.01.2019-27.01.2019
- Sideways - 23.11.2018-16.12.2018 - Elina Autio
- The Day That Will Never Come - 26.10.2018-18.11.2018 - Paavo Räbinä
- Esirippu - 28.09.2018-21.10.2018 - Hanna Vahvaselkä
- Time is Out of Joint - 31.08.2018-23.09.2018 - Sari Palosaari
- Collector’s Garden - 03.08.2018-26.08.2018 - Berit Talpsepp-Jaanisoo
- Takeover - 25.05.2018-17.06.2018 - Mediataideryhmä Kruks
- More is More - 27.04.2018-20.05.2018 - Maija Närhinen
- DEAD END MANIFESTO - 31.03.2018-22.04.2018 - Matti Kalkamo
- Wasteland Dreams - 02.03.2018-25.03.2018 - Maija Helasvuo
- Horrors of War - 02.02.2018-25.02.2018
- Monument of Solitude - 05.01.2018-28.01.2018 - Aiko Tsukahara
- Of Pride and Shame - 29.11.2017-17.12.2017 - Paavo Halonen
- Ascendant - 08.11.2017-26.11.2017 - Antti-Ville Reinikainen
- Veistettyjä maalauksia - 18.10.2017-05.11.2017 - Pauno Pohjolainen
- Space/Craft - 27.09.2017-15.10.2017 - Antti Immonen
HOLDING AN EXHIBITION
Open call to Galleria Sculptor´s exhibition times is held twice a year.
The annual application periods are March and September until the end of the month. The spring applications concern exhibitions in the autumn one and half years away and the autumn applications exhibitions in the spring one and a half years away.
Call for exhibitions in Spring 2024 is open between 1–30 September, 2022.
The applications are submitted via an electronic application form. The form opens on 1 September 2022. We do not accept applications by email or post.
The applications can be submitted only for one exhibition period at a time (Autumn or Spring). We welcome applications also from working groups. The contact person of the working group submits the application.
The exhibition periods are 4 weeks long, including installation, de-installation, and opening days. There are 3 different spaces one can apply for: the studio, the gallery space, and the whole space (studio and gallery).
All professional artists can apply for an exhibition time at Galleria Sculptor and exhibitions are open for artists of all disciplines. The main focus of Galleria Sculptor´s exhibition is on three-dimensional art.
The exhibition space is in total approximately 118 m2, of which the gallery space with windows is 88 m2, and the studio space without windows is 30 m2.
The height of the gallery space varies from 3,78 meters to 4,06 meters. The height of the studio space is 3,90 meters.
In the coming years, the Finnish Association of Sculptors is committed to promoting good exhibition practices with the aim to hold rent-free exhibition space and the introduction of exhibition fees.
In recent years, the association has been able significantly to reduce the exhibitions rents with the support of Arts Promotion Center Finland and the City of Helsinki. In 2021–2022, the rent for the entire exhibition space is 600 € for members and 950 € for non-members (reduction 67,24–76,4% from the original, non-reduced exhibition rent).
The rent includes communications, sales, marketing, guarding of the exhibition, press photos of the exhibition by a professional photographer, a virtual presentation of the exhibition, and a video interview of the artist that will be on display at the gallery and in the Galleria Sculptor’s YouTube channel.
If we receive funding to further reduce the rents in the future, the lower exhibition rents will also apply to future exhibition times. The exhibition rents are always determined at the beginning of each year.
Non-discounted exhibition rents:
Members of the Association:
Studio (n. 30 m²) 830 €
Gallery (n. 88 m²) 1 830 €
Whole space (n. 118 m²) 2 550 €
Studio (n. 30 m²) 950 €
Galleria (n. 88 m²) 2 100 €
Whole space (n. 118 m²) 2 900 €
Artist is responsible for the installation of artworks, transport and insurance costs, travel expenses, technical support, and rental of any necessary equipment.
The sales commission at Galleria Sculptor is 35%.
The Gallery will only send online invitations, but if wanted, the artist may also send invitations cards per post.
VIRTUAL PRESENTATION OF THE GALLERY SPACE
Call for Galleria Sculptor´s exhibitions in Spring 2024 is open between 1–30 September, 2022.
Submit a free-form application that states your exhibition plan to Gallery Sculptor. Applications must be submitted by using this application form.
A pdf-file containing the following is attached to the application form:
- a brief description of the proposed exhibition to Galleria Sculptor´s spaces (exhibition plan, preferably one A4)
- 5-10 color copies of photos of your works accompanied by full details (artist, title, year, material, measurements). 5 images must be photos of your works that are as recent as possible. In addition, sketches or other images supporting the exhibition plan can be submitted (max. 5 images).
- CV (max 2 pages)
The documents can be combined with pdf join. Please name the pdf-file: surname_name_Exhibition_Application_season
When applying for an exhibition time in the Gallery or Studio space, please notice that there may be a soundscape included in the other exhibition. The exhibition committee aims to select the exhibitions so that the possible soundscapes of the exhibitions do not disturb each other.
The Studio can be fully darkened, and video works, as well as smaller exhibitions, can be proposed to this space.
If you propose a video work, you may include a link to the video in the exhibition plan text.
If the exhibition contains sound or other special technology, this must be mentioned in the application.
The exhibitions are selected by the exhibition committee, which is elected at the general meeting of the members.
Exhibition committee 2022:
Eetu Huhtala, Heli Ryhänen, Man Yau and Tiina Raitanen representing the executive board of the Association of Finnish Sculptors.
All the applicants will be notified of the decisions in writing.
The artists who are selected commit themselves to not holding a solo or other similar exhibition in the Helsinki Metropolitan Area in the period between the signing of the exhibition agreement and the conclusion of the exhibition.